04 January 2010

You Never Know...

Some people shop for vintage items with careful calculation. They check every label and scan the item with serious precision. I, on the other hand, am completely different. People always ask me, "Where did you find THAT?" I always laugh a little because the truth is, I have NO system! I just look and see what catches my eye. That's it. No label searching. No previous research. Just pure instinct and a feeling like, "That's pretty cool". It is only after I get back home that I start going the typical route of researching value, etc.


So imagine my surprise when I began listing a dress a few days ago and found out that it was an original Oscar de la Renta maxi dress from the late 1960s or early 1970s. Pretty freakin' cool. Guess I should actually start checking labels since I can't even imagine what I have passed up by not checking all these years!

Here is the dress:



So I started searching around Etsy and found some other super awesome Oscar de la Renta maxi dresses. Here for your hippie and boho viewing pleasure:

This one is from Hemlockvintage's shop:





Here is one greenmarketvintage is offering:





And last but not least, a fabulous Oscar de la Renta dress from TripleGemini:












2 comments:

  1. I am exactly the same way! I just buy what I like and rarely ever look at labels. Some of my favorite pieces are vintage Kmart! hehe ;)

    Great find, btw! :)

    ReplyDelete