09 September 2010

127 Sale


I can't remember when or where I first heard about the 127 Sale. Probably because I was instantly entranced and floated in a daydream just thinking about it....

For those who don't know, the 127 Sale is a mega garage sale spanning the states of Alabama, Georgie, Tennessee, Kentucky, Ohio, and new this year, Michigan. That's about 700 miles of more items than you can ever possibly imagine owning. I own and live in a two family house which means I don't have nearly as much room as I like to pretend I have. Yet the idea of doing this sale has been Top Five on my to-do list for years and I decided this was the year it was to be!

Now, if you know me, you won't be surprised to hear that there is no way I was only going to dabble in this sale. Not me. I decided I was going full throttle and hitting every state in the process from Alabama to Ohio (I hadn't known about Michigan when I first planned it, and, alas, work required my attention so it didn't make the cut.

I initially planned to do this alone, just me and my Cocker Spaniel Casey. Then my sister, Amanda, joined in. A few days before leaving my Casey ended up with a hurt paw and couldn't make it. Happily, my longtime friend Eileen jumped in. Let me just say this: I couldn't have asked for better roadtrippers because three girls sitting on ONE bench seat in a pickup for six days and covering 2000 miles...well, you better like each other. And thankfully I love these gals.

The first few days were filled with rainy days and seemingly never-ending dark skies. Not being the girliest of girls, the weather didn't do much to slow us down. We trekked on for days and didn't head back east until the last day of the sale. Our truck was laden with treasures, none of which were regretted later on, I am happy to say.


Some of my treasures have been grouped and shown throughout. Perhaps you'll find some in my etsy shop, but don't be surprised if some never become available for sale. I have willpower but not that much!



1 comment:

  1. I love your finds! I see your pup and that little table by her is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete